Helping you create a career in construction with Morris & Blunt.
Morris & Blunt Ltd are always on the lookout for skilled tradespeople to join our team. We regularly recruit operatives who share our values, to deliver a high-quality job, on time and managed in a highly competent and sensitive manner. If you share these values, then Morris & Blunt Ltd is the employer for you.
We engage people on both a PAYE and sub-contract basis. Our packages include competitive rates of pay, enrolment into the company pension scheme and work uniform. We are currently looking for experienced bricklayers, ground workers, carpenters, decorators, floor fitters, electricians and plumbers.
We also invest in the next generation by actively employing promising young craftspeople as apprentices to our own skilled trades people, actively supporting and participating in the Construction Industry Training Board Craft Apprentice Scheme. If you are leaving School and a career in construction interests you, then we could be the perfect company to get you started in your career.
If you would like to view the types of projects, please review our portfolio
Morris & Blunt are currently recruiting for the below positions. If any of these are of interest of you, or if you would like to discuss these further then please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morris & Blunt is looking for an ambitious Site Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of our projects in the Thames Valley Corridor. A dynamic and challenging role, one that is critical to the company’s ability of achieving their challenging short, medium and long-term targets.
Passionate, enthusiastic and motivated by success, the ideal candidate’s focus will be to enable the business to operate in a seamless fashion, identifying needs and completing planned tasks as they arise to ensure that the projects are efficiently managed.
- Supervising a project, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with Construction/Contracts Manager.
- Coordinating and supervising construction workers including direct employees and subcontractors.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction site health & safety.
- Undertaking site inductions and implementing site rules.
- Checking & be able to read designs and drawings.
- Forecasting materials needed for the project. Material take offs.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up.
- Assessing and minimising risk.
- Communicating between building user and Construction/Contracts Manager.
- Proven experience of working as a Site Manager
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Being able to works as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Highly organised
- Good knowledge of construction processes
- Good knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making ability
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate others
- Full driving license